Skip to main content
Your Questions Answered Live
We have combined forces with the Writing Center to bring you academic writing help right here on our Asheville campus. Their services via the Hickory Campus are still available to you, but if you would like face-to-face help here in Asheville, please make an appointment to meet with your Lenoir-Rhyne Asheville Librarian for a 30 minute writing tutoring session. We can help you with your writing goals! What kind of goals can we help you achieve? Take a look at the following list and choose one or two goals per writing help session. You can always come back for another session, too.
*We do NOT edit entire papers!*
- Make sure I understand all aspects of the assignment
- Decide on a topic
- Improve or develop a thesis statement
- Make sure my ideas are not too broad or narrow for the assigned paper length
- Develop my ideas -- develop main points and/or develop paragraphs
- Improve flow: make sure paper is coherent at the paragraph and sentence level
- Make sure the organization of the paper is logical, suits my purpose
- Cite my sources appropriately; avoid plagiarism
- Make sure my sentences are clear, easy to read the first time
- Improve style (includes reducing wordiness, making sentences lively/engaging, addressing tone)
- Recognize patterns of grammatical error and make corrections
- Make sure documentation of sources meet guidelines of APA, MLA, or other formatting styles
Currently, the Asheville Center librarians are available by appointment:
Monday-Thursday, 3:00-7:00 PM.
Email or call to set up a 30-minute tutoring session.
Rachel Statham - firstname.lastname@example.org - 828.407.4259
Heather Propsom - Heather.Propsom@lr.edu - 828.407.4259
We can still work with you from a distance! We can have a session via phone call or virtually using WebEx. We are also open to trying other platforms, such as Google Hangouts or Skype. We can find what works best for you.
Copyright 2018 | Carl A. Rudisill Library | 625 7th Avenue NE, Hickory, NC 28601 USA | 828.328.7236