It is essential to keep track of your research and the resources you find when writing a literature review. Using citation management software can make this process easier. Most citation management tools can:
- Keep all your citations in one place
- Search the papers you collect by author, title, journal, subject headings or your own keywords
- Insert footnotes or endnotes directly into your documents
- Automatically generate bibliographies or works cited lists in particular style formats
- Take searchable notes that are all stored in one place
- Share group libraries of articles with collaborators (depending on your software)
For information on the citation management tool, Zotero, go to the Zotero LibGuide.